Renxkyoko Iglesias here.
What is the last thing you do when you post here……. that is, before you click Publish ? Do you already have something on your mind? Do you have a title and topic ready, and you go from there, and stick with it?
The last thing I do before I click Publish is to write the title of my post. …. which is troublesome because I come here with no specific topic in mind. I write down whatever is on my mind at the moment, and just hope I can manage to tie this hodgepodge together into one coherent thought….. and I fail. I guess that is the way I am, and I accept it already. I figure my long time readers have accepted it as well. * looks at Ate San and Andy *
Oh, in fact, I don’t even know who I am and what I really stand for. Like, sure, I am a card – bearing Democrat. The question is, what kind of a Democrat am I ? Am I a liberal or a centrist Dem ? Some “tests” that I had taken, one of which was the Pew Research Centre’s , had categorized me as a Solid Liberal . In fact, I’m on the Far Left.
I’m between VERY LIBERAL and LIBERAL DEMOCRAT, according to Pew.
Another poll , though, has given me a score of 5.2 /10 Liberal on social issues, and just 3.8/10 Liberal on foreign policy, and a mere 2.8 on cultural issues. Overall category= a LEFT SOCIAL MODERATE, and a Moderate Pacifist vs. Anti-war activist.
There was another poll given by Time Magazine that made me LOL. It was based on the person’s personality, and likes and dislikes. According to the Time’s poll, I’m 66 % CONSERVATIVE because………
1. I like dogs more than cats. Dogs , they say, symbolize obedience and loyalty. Well, I like dogs because a) they are loyal b) give us unconditional love c ) their poop doesn’t smell as much as a cat’s
2. I like a neat and organized desk. LOL This is a joke, right ? Do an absent minded professor, a nerdling, academic intellectuals , a scruffy scientist , a disheveled tree hugger and a hippie with dirty and unorganized desks scream liberal ?
3. I am an Internet Explorer user. lol I’d like to add that my homepage is still AOL. ( America On Line , ha ha ) I wonder, what browser do liberals use ?
4. I don’t think my * future * husband or BF should be looking at pornography. Huh ? That makes me Conservative ? Does it mean, liberal women allow their partners to look at porn ? I don’t think so. I think liberal women would be the last ones to tolerate this. Libs are not Stepford Wives who will just go in one corner and cry to preserve their ” family”.. These porn lovers’ faces would meet these women libs’ fists in no time. I know my fist would. I know karate…… I’m kidding , of course. I won’t resort to violence. There is a reason why Democrats are also called :” bleeding heart liberals.” Too soft, they say.
On the other hand, Time also says I’m 34 % Liberal. According to Time poll, I’m a bit Liberal because ………
1. I prefer to watch documentaries over action/ sitcoms TV shows. That’s true ! ! ! But, is that a liberal thing ?
If I want action, I watch the Military Channel. I think I’m already an expert on WW2 history. And , oh, what a treat……. There’s COSMOS on National Geographic Channel. It’s a remake of Carl Sagan’s 1980 Cosmos series. And you can believe this or not, but I haven’t watched any TV sitcoms for years ! Not. a. single. one. Do you believe me ? Well, I just bought the 3rd season dvd of Walking Dead. I don’t even know on what channel it’s showing and at what time. I’m trying to catch up. I really am.
I did manage to watch The Oscars, from beginning to end. Sorry, my mind is starting to wander again……..
Back to topic……
2. I’d rather go to New York’s Metropolitan Art Museum than to Times Square. And I’d rather go to archaelogical diggings than go partying.
* shakes head *
I need to publish this now before I get depressed . I mean, I would rather go to archaelogical diggings than party ? What’s up with that ?
Tomorrow, I’m going to resign from my school clubs….. Go Home Club and Knitting/Embroidery Club.
How the heck did this post end up like this ? Well, it’s 3 AM . G’night.
*clicks Publish *